You have choices. Why choose us?
We are a nationally and internationally recognized leader in providing the very best care—and conducting the most advanced research—for children with cancer and blood disorders. And we’re the largest pediatric oncology program in the tri-state area.
As part of Columbia Children’s Health and New York-Presbyterian/Morgan Stanley Children’s Hospital—a U.S. News and World Report top-ranked Children’s Hospital—we have every specialist and subspecialist on-site to diagnose and manage every healthcare need.
Here are a few of the qualities that set us apart:
Our patients come first.
- We create a treatment experience that not only gives patients their best chance to overcome their disease but also allows them to experience as much of their childhoods as possible.
- Our healthcare team meets the needs of a diverse patient population and we lead a National Cancer Institute funded community-based program that promotes access to clinical trials for medically underserved patients and families.
- Ours was the first pediatric hematology/oncology program in the United States to integrate complementary medicine into the treatment plan of every patient. We have expanded this commitment to patient well-being through the Center for Comprehensive Wellness.
- Our comprehensive sickle cell program provides the most advanced and comprehensive care for patients with sickle cell disease, including access to clinical trials to prevent complications and extend life.
- Our stem cell transplant program has improved the quality and expanded the breadth of treatment options for a number of pediatric diseases.
We pursue breakthrough treatments.
- We’re conducting strong laboratory and translational research initiatives and have a robust portfolio of clinical trials, including pivotal early-phase studies.
- We’re always identifying more precise methods to treat patients. Using the latest advances in genomics and molecular biology through our Precision in Pediatric Sequencing (PIPseq) program, is just one way we do that.
The expertise of our team and partners is unparalleled.
- We have a dedicated child and adolescent Emergency Department and Pediatric Critical Care Units.
- Our entire faculty has academic appointments at the College of Physicians and Surgeons of Columbia University.
- We are a charter member of the Children’s Oncology Group (COG), the largest cooperative research group in the world. Our collective research has led to dramatic improvements in childhood cancer survival rates.
- Our physicians lead many national clinical trials and other research groups, and are known internationally for their expertise.